Exercise #1 - Checklist for completion¶
We have now deployed our super basic shop. The architecture we’re using at this point has not changed since Exercise #0.
- Get the hostname of the Backend order service
./tools get_value ShopBackendBackendUrl
- In the Cloud9 terminal you can ssh to the Bastion host doing the following:
- Once SSH’d into the instance you can curl the backend by getting the hostname from ElasticBeanstalk and doing
curl <hostname from step 1>/ping
You should see ‘PONG’ back.
To get back to the Cloud9 instance you can just type logout followed by enter/return.
- Let’s go to our shop, run the following command in the Cloud9 terminal to get the URL to go to
./tools get_value CDNCloudFrontUrl
- Take the output and enter into your browser, you should be greeted by the shop. If not, it might be cached, you can go to /shop and it’ll likely work. If not, put your hand up for a Solutions Architect to come and give you a hand!
You have now tested that we have deployed our Shop Frontend and Backend services successfully.
Exercise #1 is complete, go ahead and start Exercise #2